Laurent Armentor and Eunice Armentor
Pam, Megan, Aunt Joanna and Allen Jr.
This was a picture posted at the reunion of Denise and her mom the late Nola Bodin
Lynette (our organizer) and Denise
Uncle Donald and Aunt June
Do you know the feeling you get when you realize at family gatherings all the people around you are so normal that you must be the crazy cousin. Well for me this Reunion proved that I'm the crazy cousin. I was so excited to attend the Armentor Family Reunion. When we arrived we kissed and hugged everyone. Then I made my way to the ancestry board. I was enjoying looking at all the old pictures. I found one of my Granny with her parents and thirteen siblings. All the women wore hats and gloves. It was so darling. Next thing I know I was sobbing! Yes sobbing. I was not crying. I was not tearing up. I was SOBBING! After what seemed like an hour, I made my way back to our table. I miss my Granny so much. Now I have embarrased myself completely. Good thing I like to laugh at myself. I did stay embarassed for long. Once we dined on mouth watering Gumbo and homemade potatosalad (is there really any other kind) we were entertained by a wonderful comedian. Then on to take a group picture. Well needless to say I lost my balance and almost took my great uncle and a few cousins down. All I could picture in my head was a domino effect and the ending picture would be everyone laying down on the ground! Aahh yes it was a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment